Preparing for a Trip to the Zoo
We are excited about your visit to the Amarillo Zoo! Self-guided tours can be a great way for large groups to learn more about the amazing world of animals. We have provided some information to help you prepare and ensure your time here is the best it can be.
Group Admission Rates
Who qualifies for group admission rates?
LICENSED child daycare, head start, pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, primary, secondary, high school, home school, special education and higher education (Universities/Community Colleges).
- Have one adult chaperone for every 10 students
- Make reservation at least three weeks in advance; accommodations under three weeks may not be possible
- Have ONE group leader who will collect ALL money and make ONE payment for the whole group on the reservation upon entrance. Anyone who does not enter WITH the group will be charged the full admission price.
Qualify as a group? Click here to make reservation.
RESERVATION IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE GROUP RATE
- Group admission is $1.00 per person
- Group must have ONE group leader who will collect ALL money and make ONE payment upon entrance. Anyone who does not enter and pay with the group will be charged the full admission price.
- If more than one classroom is included on the reservation it will be considered ONE group unless separate reservations are submitted.
- Reservation can be paid with cash, credit card, purchase order or by school check (valid ID required).
- Field trips are available any day except for designated Zoo event blackout dates and City holidays.
Field Trip Guides
Download these guides for yourself and for your group chaperones to help everyone navigate the Zoo. Each guide includes spots to write in your group's field trip details and tips for making the most of your trip to the Zoo.
- Tails & Toes (Pre-K & K)
- Biodiversity Bingo (1st-3rd grade)
- What's That Animal? (4th-5th grade)
- Animal Observations (Upper elementary-middle school)
- High school
We understand your need to address academic standards. All zoo programs have been designed to help meet TEKS in Science, Language Arts, Math and Social Studies.