What does tomorrow bring? A children's zoo inspired by memories!
The Amarillo Zoo is embarking on our next phase of expansion and improvements and we need your help!
Do you remember your favorite childhood memories such as listening to stories at grandma's house, watching a baby chick hatch, or petting a little lamb or goat? Those are the memories we want every child to experience when they visit the Amarillo Zoo's all new children's area. But don't let the name fool you - our children's zoo will be for everyone to enjoy!
- A contact area that allows kids the chance to feel the woolly coat of a sheep or comb a gentle goat's fur
- Watch chickens scratch in search of insects or enjoy the excitement of a baby chick as it emerges from its egg
- See heritage breeds of farm animals that have disappeared from modern farms
- Enjoy a wildlife show at Grandma's Porch during summer months and on weekends
- A delightful display featuring loud, vibrant macaws and other birds
- Events and programs throughout the year will entertain and educate visitors on pioneer life, agriculture and Native Americans of the Great Plains
Do you want to help? Any donation, no matter how small, can help us make this dream a reality. For more information or to arrange a private meeting with development staff, please email [email protected] or call 806-381-7911.